Monday, January 18, 2010

Swiss Aesthetics, Part 2



I love cranes! When I was a small kid, I used to love looking at cranes. What I loved most was when they built up a crane or when they broke it down. It just looks so solid and unmovable when it stands that I found it hard to believe that it could be taken apart into smaller pieces. Imagine my joy when they set up this crane on my street! I documented the process from my balcony and this photo is what I came up with.

Zurich is a city with many, many cranes. Most people don't like them though, most people say that Zurich is 'one big construction site', which to some extent is true. There are times when I don't like them either, but usually I do.

For me a crane stands for:

- a small part in a bigger picture
- industrial development
- mechanical perfection
- something unstoppable
- something powerful

by bargayott

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting and inspiring post.
    Oh yes, I like industrial/urban sights as well (--> moscow). But only now, that I am "older".

    - No Man's Land

    valjusha

    ReplyDelete