Saturday, August 22, 2009

The 90ies



Once upon a time, in the hallway of my school, the infamous Stäfaahn walked by me. Mesmerized by his haircut I heard how he said: "the wild 90ies", to one of his friends. I thought: Wow, that's great, finally someone who loves and appreciates the 90ies as much as I do!

The next day I approached him and said: "Hey! The wild 90ies!!!". He looked at me as if
I was a cyclops. The redness factor of my face gradually went up and the movement of my hands increased. I explained to him that I heard him say this sentence and how absolutely fantastic it is that we're sharing the same passion. "Oh, I was just talking about the Simpsons episode with this title........."

I left as quickly as I could...


You see, this just shows how the fantasies you project onto other people are much more interesting than what reality turns out to be.

On this post I will explain you my passion for the 90ies:

let's start with the picture above (no idea how I can put a pic below the things I write!)

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS. Just look at their style! Their haircuts!

I love how black was omnipresent and how the girls wore dark red lipstick.

Their song "ava adore" is one of the greatest love songs:

"You'll always be my whore

You'll be the mother to my child

And a child to my heart

We must never be apart"


"You'll be a lover in my bed

And a gun to my head"

"In you I feel dirty

In you I count stars

In you I feel so pretty

In you I taste god

In you I feel so hungry

In you I crash cars

We must never be apart"


Other than the fashion and the music of the 90ies I like "Beverly Hills 90210".

I think that my faible for this time comes out of the unconcious. The 90ies are the time when I was a little kid. I never participated at any of these fashions, but my unconscious self must have taken up the scent of this period. Now I feel nostalgia everytime I see something from the 90ies.


What is your fav. time period? Post a comment below!
by valjusha

No comments:

Post a Comment