Sunday, August 30, 2009

3 Movies I'm looking forward to

New York, I Love You



In the city that never sleeps, love is always on the mind. Those passions come to life in NEW YORK, I LOVE YOU – a collaboration of storytelling from some of today’s most imaginative filmmakers and featuring an all-star cast. Together they create a kaleidoscope of the spontaneous, surprising, electrifying human connections that pump the city’s heartbeat. Sexy, funny, haunting and revealing encounters unfold beneath the Manhattan skyline.


The star studded cast includes Bradley Cooper, Chris Cooper, Ethan Hawke, Christina Ricci, Andy Garcia, Hayden Christensen, Orlando Bloom, Natalie Portman, and Irrfan Khan.



An Education


Trailer


It’s 1961 and attractive, bright 16-year-old schoolgirl, Jenny (Carey Mulligan) is poised on the brink of womanhood, dreaming of a rarefied, Gauloise-scented existence as she sings along to Juliette Greco in her Twickenham bedroom. Stifled by the tedium of adolescent routine, Jenny can’t wait for adult life to begin.


One rainy day, her suburban life is upended by the arrival of an unsuitable suitor, 30-ish David (Peter Sarsgaard). Very quickly, David introduces Jenny to a glittering new world of classical concerts and late-night suppers. David replaces Jenny’s traditional education with his own version, picking her up from school in his Bristol roadster and whisking her off to art auctions and smoky clubs.



Paris



Trailer


I'm not going to include a description here, suffice to say: the film is about love. I'm sure Valjusha will enjoy it, in fact, we should watch it together.


4 comments:

  1. "An Education": Had you asked me from the age of 14 until half a year ago, what I was constantely dreaming of, I would have said "I'm dreaming of an older man with whom I can leave behind my plain and boring life and who will show me what the real life is like..." I know better now... Still, I must see this film, thanks for introducing me to it!

    "NY, I love you": want to see that as well, just to see how good scarlett johansson is as a director.

    "Paris": I've seen that film half a year ago in Zurich and I did not like it! Just another bad copy of a "french film"; trying too hard..

    valjusha

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) You're welcome :)

    2) Scarlett Johansson didn't direct the movie, she wrote part of it.

    3) I thought the movie was going to be released only in september 2009, as their website says...but that was just the american release date, not the european one. Anyway, now that you warned me I won't watch it.

    bargayott

    ReplyDelete
  3. tsssss! Scarlett directed one of the different shortstories the film is made of!!!! I know that! I read an interview about it! tsssss!!
    ;-)
    valjusha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes apparaently you're right, but the scenes shot by her will only appear on the dvd release.
    (http://www.bscreview.com/2009/08/new-york-i-love-you-trailer-natalie-portman-and-scarlett-johansson/)

    ReplyDelete