Saturday, July 4, 2009

Little Pleasures in Rome



The summer holidays have arrived - finally!


In between frantic packing for my flight tomorrow morning to India I found the time to quickly post this. I just arrived from a dinner party at a friend's house, and on my way back the i realised the following:


We need to learn to appreciate the small, little pleasures in life. Too many people, especially here in Switzerland, take for granted their daily pleasures such as the morning coffee at Starbucks, or the the perfect timing of the public transport. I believe a major cause for depression is the un-appreciation of day-to-day pleasures that are taken for granted!


The picture above was taken by me in Rome, a couple weeks ago. After a hot sweaty afternoon, carrying around our rucksacks and exploring the city, me and my friends discovered this amazing gelateria hidden away in a sidestreet. It had the most mouth-watering flavours you can imagine and it was definitely one of the highlights of our trip. Now for the locals, this place was normal and taken for granted, for us though, it was like heaven.


Think about that next time you eat an ice-cream at Mövenpick. Learn to appreciate! Rejoice in the minute details of life that make you happy!


You will soon realise that the small pleasures are what make life worth living.


by bargayott

No comments:

Post a Comment