Friday, May 14, 2010

Colette





What is it that all the fashion brands make short movies with their collection in it? Well, I like it! (Remember, the charlotte ronson video I posted) These videos here are interesting too. Some of you might say: oh, this is soo superficial, the fashion world, the fast cars, beautiful women. But this interests me as well, I mean, especially in this video it is as though I am a voyeur into a world, people dream of, but that is unreachable. Then I also find the way, icons, artists, different eras were incorperated into these short clips, interesting. I especially like the Colette part, as I admire her as a writer! In addition appear the topics of youth versus age, feeling as though one does not fit in anymore, ignorance of what has been in the past and Saint-Tropez! And I can't tell you how beautiful I think the clothes are! So, here a bit of superficiality for you, it does good to get a dose of glitter from time to time. (oh, and just ignore the awful acting, I mean, they are models and not actors)

by valjusha

3 comments:

  1. Ok I watched the whole thing. Couple thoughts:

    I think it starts out really bad but gets better and better until the part where lagerfeld shows up...which is supposed to be a surprise twist or sumthing but it doesn't work.

    The acting is really awful not even comparable to the ronson video...

    All in all I think i got spoiled by the charlotte ronson video because it makes this one look like a silly little mistake..

    I really love the music though! Especially the song that plays as they are driving to Pamela...

    And I love the Jane Birkin Model!!! She is amazing.....on the other hand the one who is supposed to look like brigitte bardot really got on my nerves..

    I realise this is meant to show off the collections in a 'artistic' and new way... but they should have had a more coherent story....like (you guessed it) the ronson video!

    All in all it looks like they had a good idea and some of it is nicely done but it didn't leave that big of an impression on me..

    by bargayott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most ironic moment: When you see the car is wider than half the winding road.
    Most implausible moment: When the partygoers look perfectly fresh at 7 AM after a night of partying.

    Coolest character: The fellow with the striped, old-fashioned racing helmet slouching on the black monster-motorbike, cool as a cucumber as his girl does her goofy dance.
    Most out-of-place/awesome character; most startling/disconcerting plot-twist: Lagerfeld shows up wearing nothing but his Spaceman-Tuxedo and a bad English accent. "Vat se hell iss goinge on her" indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Club reminded me of the one we have been to in Paris, L'Etoile. Remember? It actually looked exactly the same... (with all these models...)

    Suka

    ReplyDelete