Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lindihop!

I was going through some old pictures of mine and I found these that were taken on an evening out with a friend. We were on our way home when we spotted this big group of people dancing in the middle of the city! Eventually, we talked to some of them and found out that they were Lindihop enthusiasts who met at that spot every thursday to dance to swing music! It's always fascinating to learn about a subculture like this, especially when you find out that it has existed right below your nose...

Here are the photos:












by bargayott

4 comments:

  1. This post came as quite a surprise for me, as this all happened a long time ago, or at leas it feels that way. A lot has happened since. Now that the days are getting warmer we have to go again and that time we'll dance as well! Hehe, I also forgot about the third pic.
    This kind of things happen usually when you're not looking for them...
    valjusha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because someone complained about the diminishing quality and quantity of my comments, I wrote a new one. At least, I can increase the quantity.

    Every single time I passed this pavilion, I asked myself about the purpose of this building, because I have never seen anyone using before and to me, it doesn't fit onto the square.

    What bothers me: I hadn't had the slightest idea about this interesting subculture, existing right in front of my doorstep. So, how many similar and great subcultures I don't know about are existing? Even more important (and tricky): How do I get to know them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's that pretty girl in the third pic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4th: sneakers, jeans-and-a-t-shirt-look - CLASSIC.

    ReplyDelete